The National Hurricance Center in Miami reports in its 5am advisory that Lee remains a powerful Category-2 hurricane with 100 mph maximum sustained winds.
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* Stonington, Maine to the U.S./Canada border
* New Brunswick from the U.S./Canada border to Point Lepreau,
including Grand Manan Island
* Nova Scotia from Digby to Medway Harbour
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* Watch Hill, Rhode Island to Stonington, Maine
* Block Island
* Martha's Vineyard
* New Brunswick from north of Point Lepreau to Fort Lawrence
* Nova Scotia west coast from north of Digby to Fort Lawrence
* Nova Scotia southeast coast from north of Medway Harbour to
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Cape Cod Bay
At 500 AM AST (0900 UTC), the center of Hurricane Lee was located near latitude 29.1 North, longitude 68.1 West. Lee is moving toward the north near 9 mph (15 km/h), and this general motion with an increase in forward speed is expected through Saturday. A turn toward the north-northeast and then northeast is forecast Saturday night and Sunday. On the forecast track, the center of Lee will pass west of Bermuda today and tonight, approach the coast of New England and Atlantic Canada Friday and Saturday, and move across Atlantic Canada Saturday night and Sunday.