Roller Coaster Accident Report Released

posted by Alan McBride - 

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services has issued its preliminary report on the derailment of a roller coaster in Daytona Beach last month.

According to state officials, excessive speed caused the derailment of the Sand Blaster Roller Coaster to derail. 

The department says it has issued subpoenas requiring the ride operator to provide additional records so the department can conclude its investigation.

In a statement, Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam said operator error caused the Sand Blaster Roller Coaster derailment, which injured multiple people. 

Putnam added that his office has issued subpoenas to obtain more information from the ride operator, and will hold fully accountable those responsible.

The reports released by state officials Tuesday were the Preliminary Investigative Summary and the third-party engineer’s report regarding the Sand Blaster Roller Coaster incident.

State officials say the ride is not in operation and will remain out of operation indefinitely.

title

Content Goes Here