Hurricane Isaias is set to approach Florida later tonight, before tracking up the East Coast as far north as New England early next week.
The National Hurricane Center's 2p advisory has Isaias (ees-ah-EE-ahs) with maximum sustained winds of 75 miles per hour and about 140 miles southeast of Fort Lauderdale, moving northwest at 12 miles per hour.
SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for...
* Boca Raton to the Volusia/Flagler County Line Florida
* Northwestern Bahamas
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* Hallandale Beach to south of Boca Raton Florida
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Jupiter Inlet to Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* North of Ocean Reef to south of Boca Raton Florida
* Lake Okeechobee
* Volusia/Flagler County Line to Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* North of Ponte Vedra Beach Florida to Altamaha Sound Georgia
Governor Ron DeSantis signed an order on Friday and declared, "a state of emergency in every coastal county of Florida's east coast, from Miami-Dade to Nassau counties." Gov. DeSantis will hold a 5p press briefing at the State Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee.
Photo credit: NOAA